We are pleased you are coming to Stafford Jazz Society and greatly look forward to your concert. We are a family-friendly club and if your family members wish to join you they will be made most welcome.
This page sets out to answer any questions you may have. Please take a few minutes to read it through.
- The WHITE EAGLE (Polish) CLUB, Riverway, Stafford ST16 3TH
- Telephone: 01785 242327
- Open 1 hour before the start of a Concert.
- Band Car Parking To the RIGHT when entering the gate. There are spaces both at the right end and at the far side of the hall but not in front of the building which is strictly reserved for White Eagle Club members.
- Band Entrance: Also at the RIGHT END of the building. Access to stage is via 5 concrete steps (see picture). Cars can be parked adjacent to this door for ease of unloading.
- Stage Entrance: Rear door leads directly onto the performing space – a well-lit elevated stage (see picture) with a black curtain to hide stored furniture. Please use the pull cords each side and set up in front of this black curtain-line.
- Refreshments: A well-stocked & competitively priced bar & our own award-winning caterers serve hot drinks & home-baked light refreshments.
- Piano: On stage, last tuned May 2017 and fitted with casters. Pianists please select position on stage to maximise audience viewing. A piano mirror is available
- Amplification: Not provided – bands need to provide their own.
- E-cigarettes/vaporizing – not permitted (White Eagle Club policy).
2. CONCERT GUIDELINES
- Regular Concerts: 2 x 50 minutes / 20 minutes interval
- Extended Concerts: 2 x 60 minutes / 30 minutes interval
- Presentation: Smart dress / Band uniforms welcomed
- Sound Check: On the first number is available if required
- Publicity: Band promotional material for local media outlets is always welcome in advance. We regret photographs cannot be returned. Band website details and permission to download from them are useful – please advise as appropriate.
- Band CDs / Advertising: An attended point of sale and distribution is available.
- Band Fees: Band payments for Regular Concerts are on a fixed sliding scale related to band numbers. Extended Concerts are to a set fee. Payment is at the end of the Concert, and, unless otherwise requested, is cash in hand.
Nick Balmforth MBE (Chairman) Ian D’Arcy (Publicity Officer)
48 Newland Avenue, Stafford ST16 1NL Narrow Boat Moon River
E-Mail: email@example.com Hoo Mill Lock, Hoo Mill Lane
Tel: 01785 226950 & 079 74 131797 Great Haywood, Stafford ST18 0RG
Tel: 077 78 193394